Booking Terms and Conditions
City Backpackers HQ Brisbane – Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before making a reservation at City Backpackers HQ. By making a reservation, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The price includes the use of all bed linen.
- Free WiFi is provided during your stay.
- Complimentary tea and coffee are available.
- Access to our kitchen facilities, pool, and common areas is included.
- Eligibility and Check-in:
- City Backpackers HQ is exclusively for international backpackers.
- A valid international passport is required for check-in.
- Female dorms are exclusively for female guests. Males are not allowed in the female dorms. If you book a female dorm and are not a female, we will make our best efforts to accommodate you in a mixed dorm, any price difference must be paid by you. If we do not have availability or you are not willing to pay for the upgrade then no refund will be given if the booking is outside of the free cancellation policy.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old; we do not allow children.
- Booking and Payment:
- For bookings made prior to arrival, we accept Visa and MasterCard only.
- The first night’s accommodation will be charged at the time of booking as a deposit to secure your reservation.
- All payments are non-refundable once the balance is paid, and the reservation is checked in.
- Group Bookings:
- City Backpackers HQ cannot guarantee that all members of group bookings will be accommodated in the same room.
- Discounted Rates for Extended Stays:
- We offer discounted rates for guests who book directly for 7 days or more.
- These rates are non-refundable if you depart before the scheduled check-out date.
- Cancellation Policy:
- If the reservation is cancelled within the free cancellation period, the first night’s deposit will be refunded.
- Once the free cancellation period has expired, all payments are non-refundable.
- General Policies:
- Guests are expected to adhere to hostel rules and regulations posted on-site.
- Any damages caused by guests or their visitors to the property will be charged accordingly.
- City Backpackers HQ reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- City Backpackers HQ is not liable for any loss, theft, or damage to guests’ property.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their belongings.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions:
- City Backpackers HQ reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- Guests are encouraged to review the terms and conditions periodically.
By making a reservation at City Backpackers HQ, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us before confirming your reservation.
In addition to the general terms and conditions mentioned above, please take note of the following hostel policies:
- Check-in and Check-out:
- Check-in time is from 14:00 onwards. Early check-in may be available, subject to room availability.
- Check-out time is 10:00am. Late check-out may incur additional charges. [$20 until 12:00 mid-day]
- If you do not check out on time, and your room is booked by another guest and we cannot locate you or you are not on the premises, we will need to remove your items from the room for purposes of cleaning for the next reservation.
City Backpackers HQ cannot and will not accept any liability for lost or damaged items during the moving process.
We recommend when you check out that you double-check you have all of your items and belongings.
- Identification and Registration:
- All guests are required to provide a valid government-issued photo ID, in addition to an international passport, during check-in.
- The registered guest is responsible for the behavior of all persons/visitors while on the property.
- Quiet Hours:
- Please respect quiet hours between 23:00 and 08:00 to ensure a peaceful environment for all guests.
- Security and Safety:
- For security purposes, the main entrance is locked during certain hours. Please use your key card for access.
- In case of emergency, please familiarize yourself with the location of fire exits and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Lost and Found:
- City Backpackers HQ is not responsible for lost or left-behind items. Please ensure all valuables are secured, and report any lost items to the reception.
- For any guest items i.e. clothing or luggage that are left behind and not accounted for we will store them for a maximum of 7 days before discarding them. Collection of these items within 7 days will incur an $8 per bag per day holding/storage fee.
- Any perishable items or consumable items we will hold for 24 hours before discarding.
- Smoking Policy:
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the building. Designated smoking areas are provided outside. A cleaning fee will be charged for violations.
- If the fire alarm is activated because you or your visitors have been smoking inside or near the fire alarms, the call-out service fee will be charged to you. If you are unwilling or unable to pay then you and any affiliated party members will be removed from the hostel without the option of a refund.
- Alcohol and Drug Policy:
- The consumption of alcohol is allowed in designated areas. Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited on the premises. Violators will be reported to local authorities.
- Any association with drug use will result in immediate eviction with no refund, no warnings.
- Guest Behavior:
- Guests are expected to behave in a considerate manner and respect the rights of other guests.
- Disruptive behavior, including excessive noise and disturbance, may result in eviction without a refund.
- We expect all guests to treat our building and our staff with respect, any guest that does not may be evicted without a refund and blacklisted.
- Guest Health and Hygiene:
- Guests are encouraged to practice good hygiene. Any contagious illness should be reported to the front desk for the safety of all guests and staff, for the safety of our staff and other guests, you may not be allowed to return to the hostel to prevent the spread of infection.
- All and any Pets are not allowed on the premises.
- Facility Use:
- Please use the hostel facilities, including the kitchen, pool, and common areas, responsibly. Any damages caused by misuse will be charged accordingly.
- Complaints and Feedback:
- Any complaints or feedback should be brought to the attention of the front desk immediately for resolution. We will not make any adjustments or refunds to reservation balances for issues raised to our attention after a departure with no option to remediate.
We hope you have a pleasant stay at City Backpackers HQ. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these policies, please do not hesitate to contact our front desk staff.
Enjoy your time in Brisbane!